Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Colorful Wall

This is actually a fun picture.
The composition is fun...the figure isn't a battle to get right. And there are so many chances to alter the feeling as one works along.



I wanted to work on this picture till it is just right...and capture a perfect scene. There should be striking contrast between the girl and the wall. I'm a big believer in the power of black, which was why I went to Walmart and got a dedicated bottle of craftmen's acrylic opaque matt black! ^_^

Black and white are our friends, and one shouldn't be afraid to use them. :)
Too many elementary paint sets exclude a tube of black. Whaa...? I know it's something to do with beginners abusing it rather than struggling within their means of primary colors, but I'm beyond being saved. I do monochrome all the time, and I need it!


Still...it may take a few more nights before I am finished. It began as this:

No comments:

Post a Comment